Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Apologies

I have been really crappy about posting lately. I vowed to myself that I wouldn't let this become a cutesy pinch my kids cheek blog, or just update everyone in general. I am trying to get back into my groove of writing, partly because my sanity is depending on it. I notice when I write I am generally in a better mood and my family will probably thank me for beginning to write again because I just can't stand it anymore. I am to the point of pulling my hair out, climbing in my closet and just crying. Why you may ask I have no idea! Thats why I should probably start writing again, it gives me insight into what is really going through my head. Right now as I try to write I have my husband looking over my shoulder, my daughter yelling I did it and doing some crazy exercising move and yet I am still concentrating on the task at hand. Writing to relive my frazzled brain and attempting to not go psychotic! Hey I never said that I was the least bit sane.
____
Why is that when you go to the store you always find the lunatics? I encountered a lady today while trying to find the perfect head of lettuce. I am minding my own business when a lady in her late 40's I would say approaches me. She starts going through the lettuce herself and talking to herself, this is what I hear.
Hmm too many roaches... I am sitting here thinking what the hell are you talking about lady, roaches? I am trying to keep the laughter inside as I realize this lady is bat shit crazy. The next head of lettuce she picks up she screeches and tosses it in my direction. Morbid curiosity or plain stupidity makes me engage in a conversation with her. She tells me her name is Peachy (I am hoping that it is a nickname) and she plans on making a salad tonight for dinner. I told her that sounded like a good idea, to which her response was: "It would be if there weren't so many bugs in lettuce, the government is trying to kill us with super roaches that attach to our brains!" At that point I back up slowly with a head of lettuce in my cart and walk as fast as I can in the other direction. At least someone was able to make me feel a little more sane today!

No comments: